If your application is for “administration of an Estate where the Deceased has died intestate i.e. not leaving a Will in a taxable estate”.
Two types of Fees agreement:
- Fixed Fess Agreement
- Hourly Rate Agreement
Details of the Agreement
1.Fixed Fee Agreement
Cost can be between £3500 – £10,000 plus VAT. Average price is £5,000 plus VAT. Further, in line with Law Society Guidelines, value element being 0.75% of property value and 1% of liquid asset value need to be paid.
Note: The cost of the case can be at lower if the matter is simple which merely deals with a matter of taxable estate where the deceased has died intestate.
Further, Estimate based on the work involved in conducting the matter.
2.Hourly Rate Agreement
Our Director and Paralegal will work on the case and their hourly rates are:
- Sr Solicitor/Partner – £350.00 plus VAT (Approx.)
- Solicitor – £300.00 plus VAT (Approx.)
- Paralegal- £180.00 plus VAT (Approx.)
Note: This kind of work requires not more than 30 hours of work. But, total hours depend on the circumstances of the case. These circumstances are:
- The amount of time to analyze the complexity of the evidence.
- If, Disagreements arise between family members with regard to existence of the Will.
- Disagreement between family members for appointing Personal Representative of the Estate.
- The amount of time to read the supporting evidences.
- Unanticipated complexities for the case
- The amount of time spent to get your instructions.
The work will be carry out by:
- Director; or
- Paralegal supervised by a Director
Note: Director supervise the whole work and holds ultimate accountability and conduct of matters.
Agreement Fees Includes following Services (no extra fees for it)
- Initial Attendances with you and arranging further conferences with senior solicitors (if required). We choose the option of attendances and conference as per your circumstances.
- Take all appropriate measure to check whether the deceased made a will.
- Determinate the beneficiaries to the Estate by reference to intestacy law.
- Analyze the assets.
- Approach the all authorities who had assets of the deceased.
- Obtaining estimates for property and contents.
- Assisting in arranging for the property to be placed on the market.
- Complete IHT 400. Make all the arrangement to satisfy the IHT bill.
- Preparing the oath and submitting an application for letters of Administration.
- Preparing the final estate account.
- In the last, distributing the assets.
Agreement Fees does not include:
- Other Court Fees: Probate Court Fee and Fees for additional Copies of Grant of Probate.
- £5.00 per Executor for swearing of Oath. Additional fee of £2.50 per Executor if Will is annexed.
- £300-£500 to Law Society for Gazette Wills & Whereabouts advertisements.
- £185 plus VAT (Approx.) to London Gazette Advertisement to protect against creditors.
Note: We will inform before if any such fees will be incurred against you.
- 5 Months to 18 Months: For straightforward matter.
- 7 to 27 Weeks: to obtain the Letter of Administration.
- 6 to 15 Weeks: after Letter of Administration, Collecting assets. In the last,
- 2 to 4 Weeks: to distribute the assets.
Note: Number of hours and fees is based on the above-mentioned facts. Further, we need the information of your case to give you accurate estimate of your case